Sunday, August 27, 2006

Time in the Forest to Dig Under Rocks

Was it really a year ago when I was starting my senior year at ACU?

In some ways that seems as if it were such a long time ago, but in other memories it is as if that happened yesterday. This is not to be a lament for time gone by, but it is often startling to think about our lives passing so quickly without our notice.

What is the most enjoyable part about the Little League World Series? Some say the sportsmanship, some point to the raw emotion of the players, and some look at the cultural interchange (as if international disputes could be solved by Dubya throwing heat to Osama Bin Laden). In my opinion, you cannot beat the random facts that ESPN and ABC throw out about the players when they come up to bat.

Take this one. One of the young players from Mexico listed his favorite actress as Pamela Anderson. I'm sure his mother and father are thrilled at their 12 year old son choosing one of America's most notorious sex symbols, but in all reality, they should be much more upset about this young man's poor ability to understand acting.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about V! We need this!

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Theme From the Bottom" - Phish
One of my favorite Phish albums!
I hope Baylor is treating you well. Thanks for giving me something to read that doesn't have about 15 words that I have to grab Black's law dictionary to understand!
-Ben Grant

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you brother! Kt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home