Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Send You Off to College, Try to Gain a Little Knowledge

Sarah, I was actually looking for "Lucky" by Radiohead, but because of your incredible effort, I will name you the winner of the Song of the Day Contest.

Speaking of Saved By the Bell (if you are not following this line of thought, look at the comments from yesterday), I'm pretty sure that I am one of the few people from my generation who really can't handle Saved by the Bell. I'm not unique by the fact that I think the show is bad. Most people who like the show will acknowledge that it is bad, much like Dan recently wrote on his blog.

I just don't know like the show. Period. I never could enjoy the exploits of the gang at Bayside. Call me a communist. Call me out of touch with my roots as a child born in the 80's. Call me what you will, but I never saw the appeal.

One of the always enjoyable, but somehow troubling, conversations that always occurs among people in college or their early to mid-20's is about what was cool when we were growing up. This leads to the inevitable conversations about Carmen Sandiego, slap bracelets, the Ninja Turtles, and various and sundry other pop culture items. It always seems that SBTB (yes, I created an acronym. Deal with it.) was a big favorite among my generation. I guess there are some things you will never understand.

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Carmen Sandiago was pretty cool though in that pimped out jacket and hat. I'm just sayin'...

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated Saved By the Bell, too. Zack Morris is a moonie and his nickname is Sack Morris. You know why. Anyway my Dad used to watch it on reruns on tbs and when I would come home from middle school he would always change it real fast as soon as I walked in the door. He was embarrassed.

Joseph

I rode the bus today in Austin and I watched a fight break out among the homeless. What a city.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I loved Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?. I always used to think about where I'd chose to go if I won the show, what'd I'd write down on that pad of paper in the bonus round. And thanks for the honor. (I figured it wasn't SBTB, but it was the first thing I thought of, so I went with it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home