Friday, August 25, 2006

Find a City, Find Yourself a City to Live In

Last night was the first time this week that I have been done with school work before 7 p.m., and it felt as though I was being granted some sort of reprieve. It is funny how your standards change from under-grad to law school. In under-grad, if I had more than 2-3 hours of homework/reading a night, I was surprised at the workload. Now, that is what I consider a light day. Welcome to the big leagues.

I watched Munich for the first time last night, and I want to comment on the movie, but I am going to save that discussion for sometime this weekend when I will also provide my thoughts on V for Vendetta (at long last).

Current Listening: "The World is Not a Cold, Dead Place"--Explosions in the Sky. Much thanks to Mr. Payton McCollum for introducing me to the music of Explosions in the Sky. They did a majority of the soundtrack for Friday Night Lights, and I have really enjoyed their music so far. I'm going to warn those of you who do not like solely instrumental music (this is not a C.O.C. call-out or anything), that Explosions might not be the most enjoyable sound to your ears.

I am by no means an expert on the genre, but they fall into the category known as post-rock, which implies that their music is entirely instrumental, with no vocals. For those of you who can't stand to ride in the car with me when I play Phish because of the long instrumental sections, Explosions in the Sky might make you want to rip out your eardrums, but for those of you who can take solely instrumental tracks, they might be the band for you.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Same exact thing for me yesterday, Justin. And I was SO excited!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home