Sunday, September 3, 2006

Turning Over TV Stations, Situations Running Through My Head

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 as the Saturday Song of the Day. If there is anything you can count in the world along with death and taxes, it is Andrew Tuegel identifying the posts with U2 lyrics.

The Bears are currently down 17-7 to the Horned Frogs in the 4th Quarter. It's one of the enjoyable parts of going to a Big 12 school to see some evidence of interest in the football team as you go around town. Today, as we went to lunch at Buzzard Billy's the tables were divided among TCU fans and Baylor fans. I'm pretty sure that I never walked into Joe Allen's or Harold's on a Saturday afternoon to see any West Texas A&M fans gathering for a pre-game meal.


Why is this man crying?

As we were finishing up lunch today, my eyes turned toward the TV screen to see the end of Andre Agassi's match at the U.S. Open. The volume on the TV was low, but the images on the screen told me everything that I needed to know. Not very many people were watching the match when it was being played, but as soon as Andre began to take his curtain call, almost all of the eyes were turned toward the screen.

I'm not sure what it is about watching people cry on live TV, but it is almost as if you cannot turn away. There's something magnetic about it. Perhaps it is because we are drawn to authentic demonstrations of emotions or maybe because it makes us a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that is the only time in my life that I have ever seen that many people watching the end of a tennis match.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

babylon by david gray. i'm trying to show my range. Andrew Tuegel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home