Saturday, September 2, 2006

I'm Just Trying to Find a Decent Melody

Congratulations to Mr. Tim Henderson for correctly naming "Piano Man" by Billy Joel as the Friday Song of the Day.

My friends, I come to you today with good news and bad news. I'll give you the bad news first.

Yes, the rumors are true. Mr. Austin Henley is leaving the blogging ranks. Austin, it's been a joy to read your thoughts this past year. I'm not sure if anyone else possesses your unique combination of sports knowledge and attention to detail that brought the MLB Uniform Rankings List into our consciousness. Enough saccharine sweetness, on to the good news.

I enjoy baseball season, March Madness is a special time of year, but for my sheer enjoyment it does not get any better than college football. I am sure that Coleman is very happy after the Vols thrashed the Golden Bears in Knoxville, and I am currently wondering if the Ramblin' Wreck can sustain this performance against the Irish. I'm really not sure why the telecast tonight is called "ESPN Saturday Night College Football on ABC", but I guess there are some things in life that we will never understand.

The Bears take on the Horned Frogs tomorrow at Floyd Casey. There are a lot of people in Waco who say that this could be "the year" for the Bears. When the phrase "the year" is spoken at other schools, usually it is an indication of a possible national title run, but at Baylor that is merely hope for a bowl bid. You have to start somewhere.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,
ABC and ESPN just announced last week that there would no longer be an "ABC Sports" department. From now on it will be "ABC Sports presented by ESPN." Just thought I'd let you know. And good luck to your Bears tomorrow. And thanks for the kind words.
Austin

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Go Bears!!!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuck in a Moment by U2. Andrew Tuegel

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smokey's on the prowl

phil fulmer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home