Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Cannons Don't Thunder, There' s Nothing to Plunder

I've never been a big morning exercise fan. At ACU, I would usually go run or ride my bike in the afternoon or early evening. Maybe that was because most semesters I had 8 o'clocks, but the afternoon seemed like a great time to be out. Since my first class this quarter does not begin until 10:30, I have decided to make the switch to the early morning workout program.
As I ride down the streets of Waco as it is waking to a new day, I always enjoy seeing the routines of people as I pass by their houses. Day after day the same people out mowing their lawns, walking their dogs, and leaving for work. I guess it's something inherently enjoyable about observing the daily rhythms of people.

In other unrelated news, Team Jodayyy (run by yours truly) obliterated Team Nate Low (run by Cole Griffith) in the first weekend of Fantasy Football. Team Jiggerscout (Jake Wardell) has been warned, You're next.

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I almost always only run in the mornings. I just don't like having that hang over my head all day. Nice that you don't have class until 10:30am every day. I have 8's four out of five days a week. Setting the alarm for 6am hurts me bad every night when I lay down to go to sleep.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to be at school until 10:30 either.

Joey

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

I've decided to join your fantasy team as a silent partner. I basically don't want to make any decisions or watch any games or pretend to learn names or stats or anything, but I'd appreciate some kind of weekly briefing on your/our performance. I'm willing to pay you at least $1 for this, and will go up to $5. Think about it.

P.S. Does the Rule of 2 extend to sports-related clothing? A guy in the office wore a Redskins jersey and a Chargers cap the other day, and he looked like a douche (though he always does, so I could be biased). Your advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as would any words of guidance from Van Henley, if he happens to read this.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Dan,

First of all, I gladly welcome you as a silent partner in the ownership of Team Jodayyy.

Second, the rule of 2 might have been constructed expressly for the type of situation you are describing. There is no excuse for wearing apparel from two different sports teams at the same time. I'm not even prepared to talk about the fact that the person you mentioned wore apparel from two diffent NFL teams at the same time. Simply horrendous. I feel like Mr. Blackwell.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a silent parntner in sports related crap sounds nice. Include me in with Dan since I could care less about all sports unless the Mavericks are finally beating the Magic. Of course if WHS is winning a game then I am all for that but I'm sure that ain't happening, unless it is the good ole days and we are destroying foes in basketball (sorry if you are to old of a WHS person to remember such crazyness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home