Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Heart of Stone, A Smoking Gun, I Can Give You Life, I Can Take it Away

It's getting late and I'm ready for bed, but I wanted to write because this might be my last post for the next day or so.

I'm headed back to the Key City tomorrow for Bid Night. I had a Sibling call me tonight talking some kind of nonsense. I guess you can graduate but still have friends on campus who will find ways to pull pranks on you by having unsuspecting Siblings call you. I can remember this night three years ago as if it were yesterday. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I have come to find that pledging was one of the best, if not the best, decisions that I made at ACU. I know it's not for everybody, but I am still thankful each day that I pledged GSP.

P.S. Another reason I'm thankful for GSP is that without it, I probably would not have a very interactive experience here on the blog. Special thanks goes out to Joey Halbert, Chris Field, Dan Carlson, Joel Weckerly, Austin Henley, Connor Parker, Patrick Vincent, Cole Griffith, Heath Huston, Mason Orr, and Cody Blair on that front. If I left anyone out, please accept my deep apologies.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

As surprising as it may be for some, I am also glad that I pledged GSP. I was not at a place in life where I could be as "active" as most, but I still do appreciate and am blessed by many of the friendships that I formed while in club.

And you are more than welcome, J Scott. I always look forward to your posts. Have fun at bid night.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Joel Weckerly said...

I, too, shall never forget that night three years ago. The night where you forevermore gave yourself a lasting nickname. For the sake of decency on this blog I shall only label you "Sibling E."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home