Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm Gonna Miss You Like I Miss the Ocean When I Go to Sleep

Congratulations to Dan Carlson for correctly naming "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds as the Sunday Song of the Day.

Do you ever wish that you could print out cards to hand to people when you know you are going to be asked the same question over and over again? Ideally these cards would have a terse response to the query that so many have.

I would have paid a hefty sum for these from time to time throughout my life so far. If you are reading this and you asked me one of these questions, don't feel bad, it's part of life.
  • So how do you like working at Trek?
  • How is ACU?
  • How is law school?

Don't get me wrong here. I enjoy talking to people and interacting with those around me, but I knew that when I went back to Abilene last weekend, I was going to be inundated with questions about law school. I guess that's natural because it is a new portion of my life, but after awhile I just get tired of the trite "it's good" answer.

Part of the responsibility to provide more creative answers lies with me of course, but I'm not sure that people want to hear things about establishing territorial jurisdiction over non-present defendants. Perhaps they do and not telling them was my grand mistake. I could have this all wrong. We'll just have to see...

I'll share my favorite quote from Professor Counseller today: "The other day I was watching MSNBC, and it must have been a slow news day because they had a story about how Willie Nelson's tour bus had been pulled over and a search revealed marijuana on the bus. In other shocking news, the sun rose in the east this morning."

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I want to talk about territorial jurisdiction over a non-resident defendant. I also want to talk about quasi in rem, assault/battery, consideration, promissory estoppel, and lots of other fun stuff.

I feel you though. It gets old for me too. Sometime I just want to scream "it sucks!" But I just that it's fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home