Saturday, October 28, 2006

Is This the Kingdom or Just a Hit and Miss?

Well, the first exam has come and gone and I am still standing. I do appreciate Prof. Contracts working characters in various Ayn Rand works into the exam, but I guess that is all I can say without running afoul of the Baylor Law Honor Code.

Ben and Joey, if you wondering how to prepare for your exams, the best advice I can give you (after one exam mind you), is to know how to spot issues. That is how you are going to garner points on your finals. You will succeed by being able to spot issues and to come up with the proper solutions for the problems presented in those issues. That's really all I can tell you, but you guys probably already knew that.

The next exam in the countdown is Property on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. I'll be delving into the netherworld of the estates system and landlord tenant relationships for the next few days, so I'll see you on the other side.

In the sports world, congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals on bringing home the World Series Championship last night. It was a fashionable position this year to bash on the NL, and I was guilty of it myself, but the Cards put all facets of the game together (along with some horrendous fielding by the Tiger pitchers) in order to bring the world title back to the 'Lou. Even though my loyalties lie with the boys in Arlington, it does warm my baseball loving heart to see the fans in the 'Lou enjoying their first World Championship in 24 years.


I'm pretty sure that the Rangers would place themselves in a much better position to win the World Series if they forced former players to wear outstanding team-color blazers, such as as the bright-red ones sported by Lou Brock and Ozzie Smith recently, when they throw out the ceremonial first pitch. ZZ Top was dead on when they said that "every girl is crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Joel Weckerly said...

Switchfoot -- The Blues

(Haven't checked the blogs in a few days, as you might be able to guess)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home