Sunday, December 11, 2005

Don't Forget the Flowers Someday, I Know You Will

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "Original of the Species" from U2 as the source for yesterday's post title. I'm not sure what it is about Andrew and bands from the English Isles, but the man loves U2 and Coldplay. I cannot say that I disagree.

Today's edition of the New York Times Magazine featured what the editors dubbed "The Year in Ideas." I thought that this idea "Sitcom Loyalty" was a fascinating one, especially in light of the pain that I know the recent events surrounding Arrested Development has caused to people like Heath Huston and Jenny Nofsinger.

It got me thinking, if fans of a certain show can declare their loyalty to their show of choice, can I declare my disloyalty to things that draw my ire? How about?

  • The Houston Texans,Houston Rockets, and Houston Astros.
  • The entire state of Oklahoma.
  • David Arquette
  • The show Friends. There, I said it, now deal with it.
  • Pat Robertson

What would receive your vote of disloyalty?

8 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Friends, amen.
-Not having complimentary chips & salsa at a Mexican food restaurant.
-Describing things as "spiritual"
-Christian blog and email curse words: &#*$, f***, A$$, etc. Just type ass if you mean it.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Jack Thompson
-People with dial-up internet

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

That's a Wilco song. I forgot the name so I concede to a technicality. Anyway it's a fine cd.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

• Pretty much any Christian televangelist.
• Chick lit.
• Dubya.
• Christians who use phrases like "throne room experience" or "anointed with light" or anything along those lines. Seriously, you're just begging not to be taken seriously.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Joey,

It's "Don't Forget the Flowers" fromt the first disc of Being There.

Keep the disloyalty coming. I am really hoping this can be a cathartic experience for all of you.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Justin,

You cut me deep with the Friends diss. I know it sucked toward the end, mainly the last 5 seasons. But what about the first 5? Or really even the first 3? But I digress...

- People who type crap like 'What are U up 2?" or "UR Gr8" in text messages. I know it's hard to type with your thumb, but please use your words and spell everything out and use correct punctuation.
- Bill O'Reilly
- Family Guy
- People, mainly Christians, who refuse to watch R-rated films.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Disloyalty
-Conservative, outspoken, (and stupid) Christians who are more worried about the "state of this great 'Christian' nation" than the state of their neighbor's soul.
-OC and Laguna Beach.

Loyalty, because it can't always be bad.
-Liam Neeson.
-Books.
-Coffee.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Microsoft
-IM language (and text messages too I suppose)
-Text Messaging
-The OC and its ilk
-The dumbing down of the English language
-People who turn left after the light is red
-People who cannot park between the lines

(Ok so this is not really a list of disloyalties, but one of dislikes. It seemed to be the trend people were following)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home