Tuesday, November 22, 2005

With Your Past and Your Future Precisely Divided

Congrats to Daniel (or is it Dan?) Carlson for correctly naming "Jesus, Etc." by Wilco yesterday. Dave, you were close, but that only counts in nuclear war. I'm pretty sure that I was just setting up for a Carlson victory by choosing to draw the title from a Wilco tune, but these are the results folks.

It was a lot of fun to ride back home today with Briana and Alex. I sometimes find it hard to talk about the past with people that I grew up with simply because I wonder "Why can't we come up with anything else to talk about?" How often do we need to talk about the same events, same people, and same stories? Even in that seeming monotony and redundancy, there is comfort. Comfort in the memory that these are the events and people that have shaped me. Even though it sometimes seems like a broken-record player, it is home, and I would not trade it for anything.

I guess I should mention that we were able to get Coldplay tickets yesterday. Yes, they are in the upper-deck, and no, I'm not letting that bother me in any way. Without any sense of hyperbole, I am already going to declare this as the biggest concert that I have attended in my time on this planet. It was a tough call between this and the GT concert earlier this month, but I'm okay with my decision.

Quick Thoughts from the Homeland
  • It's good to sleep in your own bed.
  • Don't count out little-old Vince Young in the Heisman run just yet.
  • I miss my old waterbed.
  • Mexi-Dips and Chips is the best value meal from Taco Bueno.
  • The Natural is the best baseball movie of all-time.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Jaci and I also got Coldplay tickets. We'll be rocking out in Section 307 of the American Airlines Center in Dallas. Are you going to the Dallas or Houston show?

Field of Dreams is my favorite.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Sarah,

We will be in Section 325 of the American Airlines Center. I was actually surprised at how many ACU folks have tickets for that show.

Dave,

Thanks for the answer and this time my friend, you are correct.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

field of dreams.

holla at me in section 324.

go horns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home