Monday, November 14, 2005

Everything was Ugly but Your Beautiful Face

As the semester winds down, there are usually those weekends where you could probably go out of town and never do that homework or project or you could simply stay in town, miss out on a little fun, but not force yourself into any all-nighters. I chose the latter option this past weekend and I am quite thankful for it.

I did attend my first-ever ACU women's volleyball match on Friday night followed up the Conference Championship game on Saturday night. I have never had any sort of talent on the volleyball court, but I was glad that gave my talent share to some of the girls on our team. The ACU team is now headed for the Regional tournament, and if they win that the next stop will be Nationals. I posted some photos from the match and other events on Saturday night here. Look under the ACU Senior Year Album.

On Saturday morning, there was a little trip to the Insanity for Humanity house. You can find photo documentation under the "We Believe in Gamma Sigma Phi" Album.
Here are some of my favorites:


Yesterday, I ran across this fascinating look at the past, present, and future of Google on the Washington Post website. Some of the portions of Vise's article about Google's work in the compilation of the first global directory for cell-phones and with the Human Genome project are truly groundbreaking, but I wince at as I read other portions.

As I read about Google serving 3-meals a day simply so that their employees will spend more time at work, wireless access on chartered buses so that their employees will not miss any time in commute, along with on-site dry-cleaning services, I am honestly thankful that I do not want to pursue a work environment that seeks to draw me in at all times. There are many things that I want to consume my life, and I am pretty sure that work is not #1 on the list.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice U2 song. "all because of you" it was amazing in concert. do i get mentioned in the blog because i got it right? andrew tuegel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home