Monday, November 7, 2005

Man, It's a Miracle That She's Not Livin' Up in a Tree

Big News: Last night I opened up a Webshots account. You can find a link to my pictures here. I think hearing David Leeson speak piqued my photography interest. Last night, I went to Best Buy to purchase a new memory card so that I would be able to store more than the standard 18 photos on my camera's memory. Look for new photos on Webshots every so often and some of those photos should begin to appear in this place.

Here's some of my best work from Watermelons this year:
In other news, tonight GSP has the opportunity to accomplish a rare feat: dual championships in Rec. and Champ. League football. A victory in either game tonight would be sweet, but the Champ. League final tonight features a matchup between the Gamma Sigs and the mini "evil empire." It should be a lot of fun.

Recently in Public Administration we have been watching a video on the trial of Adolf Eichmann. Dr. Dillman is using the film to demonstrate the dilemma that arises in organizations when people who do wrong claim immunity on the grounds that they were just following orders from their superiors. I was very surprised as we watched the video to see the level of the spectacle that took place in the courtroom including: witnesses suffering strokes on the stand, and the defendant seated in a bullet-proof enclosure to guard against vigilante justice since the trial took place in Jerusalem.

For anyone who was alive during the Eichmann trial: what was the world atmosphere and opinion regarding the trial? Does Saddam Hussein's current trial match the level of tension that was created during Eichmann's trial? These are just some questions that I have.

5 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Aubrey said...

I like that my cousin is in this picture.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Aubs,

Which one is your cousin?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

I'm interested to see what you have to say about the problem of CLEAN hands tomorrow in Pub Ad. After working at the Cap this summer I'm not much of an idealist. I would describe myself as a pragmatist with feelings.

I can't believe that guy had a stroke. What were his last words? "I can still see them standing in a line..." My God man I can't believe what we do to eachother.

If it takes dirty hands to stop it, then what else can we do?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Aubrey said...

Mason Orr. He's a good kid. And if that's not him, I'm going to feel really dumb.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Aubs,

You made a correct ID. That is Mr. Mason Orr, and yes, he is a good kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home