Tuesday, November 1, 2005

I'll Get All My Papers and Smile at the Sky


I'm not sure how many times in the past 24 hours that I have heard news outlets attempting to be creative by always including the appellation "Scalito" when talking about Samuel Alito, but I think Ann Althouse does a good job of separating what might just be an attempt at a clever nickname from actual comparisons in judicial philosophy to current Justice Antonin Scalia.




Perhaps the 'Horns are simply making this a habit against OSU, but for a little while on Saturday night, I was fairly nervous about their chances. It always does help when you have a player of Vince Young's ability to lead the comeback, but let's hope this is not a habit that appears again versus a team of the caliber of the Trojans.

Austin has already volunteered to take Theo's job in Beantown, but I'll put my name at #2 on the list. It is hard to believe that he is already leaving after such a short stint with the Red Sox, but if there is any management position in American sports with more scrutiny from the surrounding public I would like to talk about it.

The Boston sports media is notoriously pessimistic and downtrodden, and this is with a World Series title and three Super Bowl Championships in the past 5 years. Just because I feel like making a prognostication, I see Theo going to the Dodgers to take over for Paul DePodesta, but maybe that is just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home