Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Man


Just when I did not think that the NBA could push the unintentional level any higher, David Stern releases this gem. Maybe it is just me, but the idea of Allen Iverson sitting on the bench wearing a sportcoat makes me giddy with excitement for the forthcoming revolt from players.

I'm not saying that every NBA player will despise the new dress code, but there is a reason that the NBA players dress differently from a student at St. Albans Boys' School. I cannot wait to see how this decision pans out.

Think about the possibilities for a second. AND1 turtlenecks? Nike Ties? Converse Herringbone blazers? David Stern might just be a marketing genius who is going to receive large kick-backs from the shoe companies and other basketball affiliated outlets due to his expansion of a heretofore uncharted market.

Current Listening: "Leaving Through the Window" by Something Corporate.

I could not agree with E.J. Dionne more in this column. It may be cliche to say what goes around comes around, but if the Republican party insisted on proper investigation of perceived wrongdoings by the Democrats in the 90's, they should expect nothing less than the same treatment when they have been accused of potential malfeasance.

Last, but certainly not least, today is my Mom's birthday. I would write something really cheesy and sappy here, but I would be mocked and ostracized by all of my friends, so I guess I'll just call and say it over the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home