Friday, October 7, 2005

I Can Hardly Speak, I Understand



This morning as I rode with Patrick to "Friday Mornings" he asked me how post-LSAT life was. I give a quick laugh, because I had thought many times this week about exactly that question. Our time is a vacuum. Even after you check something off that list that seems to have consumed your time for as long as you can remember, something else will come along after that is over to fill that space.

I began to think about how we always set milestones in our minds. We continually tell ourselves that once we graduate from high school, once we graduate college, once we get married, once we get a job, once we have kids, once our kids go to college, or once we retire, then......life will begin.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Life is going on all around us each and every day and who are we to set deadlines and standards for when life is truly going to start happening on our terms? Go out today and find what God is doing. Jump into it with all you have without wondering whether everything is right or this is the right time for you to begin living the life you have always wanted to have.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. " Henry David Thoreau

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JScott
speaking of law school, did you sign up for UT's Law Day later this month. If you did let me know.

austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home