Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's Not That We're Scared, It's Just That It's Delicate




I'm pretty sure that after next Saturday, I will never want to do another logic problem the rest of my life. For those of you who have studied for the LSAT, you will know what I am talking about. I know there are some people out there who actually enjoy these types of problems. It goes without saying that they are sick, twisted, and depraved souls in great need of the mercy of God but I digress.

I am probably getting way too excited about this, but on Tuesday night ACU's version of football Armageddon will take place. I have word from reliable sources that on September 27th, the Siblings will be playing the Novas, followed by GSP-Steve Sargent, a.k.a Team Two, taking on galaxy-2. If that is not enough, the evening will culminate in a titanic battle between galaxy-1 and GSP-Cody Blair, a.k.a. Team One.

C. Blair, I know that you will probably not be able to make it for the game, most sane people wouldn't, but I'll cheer my heart out in your honor. I think I am more excited about this Tuesday's games than I have ever been about any ACU sporting events. Sad? Yes. Regrettable? Hardly.

So many people here are becoming "Lost" fans. I'm not sure that viewership during the 1st season was that high among ACU students, partly because the show airs on Wednesday nights, but since the Complete 1st Season became available on DVD, I have heard about the castaways from at least person daily. I enjoyed watching it with my parents over Christmas break, but I have not had any other opportunities watch. Are there any "Lost" fanatics out there who could extol the virtues of the show?

5 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J. Scott,
I hate to admit it, but I loved those logic problems. I hated the other sections though where you had to actually think about what stuff meant. Don't worry I'm sure you'll do great, and even if you don't worrying really won't help. Everything is going to work out. You might be screwed in law school though because all we do in class is sit and do those logic games. Just kidding, but that would be pretty funny.

And at the games on Tuesday make fun of some Moonies for me. Love the blog.

Henley

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

I do not profess complete understanding of literature, but I have studied a bit. That said, Lost is an amazing example of story telling, character development, suspense, mystery and plot that you would expect from a full length novel. The beautiful thing is that they take all of those elements and marry them with the benefits of TV -special effects, camera angles, generous cinematography, sparing special effects, and eye-candy like Kate. I am hooked, and cannot wait to embrace the beauty of that show, along with the "Sweet fellowship."

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Heidi Le'Ann said...

Harding people are obsessed with it this year as well.. I haven't seen it because it's just really inconvenient, but I hear it's good and a show I would like. I'll let you know if I get addicted.. not likely though.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

if i didn't have a dinner to attend, then i would drive in. i'll be there in spirit though, along with the ghosts of gsp greats...haydo, collier, lawson, mccook, spencer, vargas, davenport, and moudy.

head the words of austin, but try not to get attacked by an inebriated fan as he did last year in ridiculous fashion.

good luck with the lsat

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Tim Henderson said...

Justin,

There is still around in some places really old technology. This old technology is used to record Lost and watch it at your leisure. That way you can go to church or club (a pale comparsion to a body of faith) and still see the show. Lost fufills several needs. The fact that the story is clever and not predictable is wonderful . The other thing I really like is that they use foreshawdowing, but you see it only if you are watching and your mind is engaged. I only hope that the writing level stays high quality. I also am ready to learn a few things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home