Thursday, September 8, 2005

I've Gotta Say I'm on My Way


David Brooks continues to write about the effects of Katrina. Read today's column here.

For those of you who know me, you know that I have a certain affinity for history and pop culture. Random references to bands, movies, or TV shows that flamed out like Rick Ankiel hold a certain bit of rarefied humor level in my estimation. For those reasons, people like Bill Simmons and Dennis Miller have always killed me.

I remember how so many people hated Miller when he was on Monday Night Football, but I thought it was a brilliant idea. His mid-game rants on everything from Kruschev to Wham! to Donny Osmond served as highlights of my week. As my Dad glanced over at me with an odd look in his eye as I laughed at the jokes, I basked in the glow of self-assured humor superiority.

Alas, Dennis has moved from the primetime to the cable backwaters of CNBC. I miss you Dennis, but at least Bill is still performing at a pantheon level. Read his latest column here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home