Wednesday, August 24, 2005

On a Platform I'm Gonna Stand and Say, That I'm Nothing On My Own


Even at the beginning of his retirement, I'm not sure if some people will ever let Lance Armstrong have peace. You can read the story from ESPN here. For some, Lance's story is too much to believe. How could a cancer-survivor ever work hard enough to become the only 7-time winner of one of the most grueling sporting events in the world, unless he was not acting entirely on his own means.

One of my favorite commercials of all time features Lance as he answers the oft-asked question "What are you on?" He defiantly answers, "I'm on my bike, for 6 hours a day, busting my (expletive deleted). What are you on?"

With the knowledge that the greatest commandment is love, and remembering that Jesus said that the peacemakers should be called "sons of God," I'm really not sure why Pat Robertson would say this.

I would like to close out today's post with great news my friends: Pledging begins in 23 days!!

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

my favorite lance commercial was last summer's nike ad; the one with different scenic shots of him riding splashed with some peaceful music, and then other shots of kids and multitudes of others riding away. one of those commercials that i wish was 20 minutes long and on DVD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home