Friday, August 19, 2005

The Spaceman Movies I Call My Life


The other night as we were all eating at the Abilene landmark known as Little Panda, we began to discuss some of the musical phenomenons of the 90's. We brought up much-loved acts such as Kris Kross, Alice in Chains, and E.M.F., and wondered why their stay in our collective consciousness was so short.

My favorite 90's memory that was raised was definitely that fount of all knowledge known as VH1's Pop-Up Video. Who didn't love to learn about the inner-workings of Lisa Loeb's videos or how the Spice Girls received each of their nicknames?

I'll have more later, but what are your favorite things in the 90's that seem to have gone the way of the Dodo?

4 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words about my blog first of all.

My favorite 90's artifact would have to be the Starter jacket. Need I say more?

If you cant remember them here's a gentle reminder:
http://www.snow.com/hugeski/HugeSkiBase/images/starter_main_photo.jpg

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Austin,

In my younger days, I had a nice Colorado Buffaloes Starter Jacket. I like to call it the Rashaan Salaam edition.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Gin Blossoms.

Sobriety.

I'm with you all the way on Pop-Up Video.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

i agree with dan on the gin blossoms, something we've discussed at length during our time in abilene.

also emilio estevez...mighty ducks, young guns 2, men at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home