Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tears Stream Down Your Face, When You Lose Something You Cannot Replace


I had no idea how excited I would become with the arrival of new students to campus for Welcome Week and the return of all older students for the beginning of the Centennial Year. The summer Ghost Town that is campus has been transformed this week with a flurry of activity. This is my first time to see the transition from the end of school through summer to the beginning of a new year. Two events in particular have my focused attention before the beginning of school on Monday morning.

Tonight, I will again be blessed by having the opportunity to attend the Candlelight Devotional that signifies the beginning of an ACU student's journey through this place that means so much to so many. I remember sitting in Beauchamp amphitheater as a freshman with no idea what lay ahead, but I was arrested by a deep sense of calm and purpose as I sat there surrounded by people who would become some of my closest friends.

I know that for so many who have come to ACU for the first, this time is filled with apprehension and uncertainty about their future, but my fervent prayer is that God would come meet them tonight with a touch of blessing and love.

Second, on Sunday night at 7:30, there will be a Covenant Service at Moody Coliseum for the entire ACU family. For all of the ACU students who read this blog, you have already received numerous emails about this event, and as I was reading through the order of events for Sunday night, I became even more excited about what a blessing this time is going to be for all that attend. Please make every effort to be in Moody for this special event, I promise that you will come away with a new sense of perspective and pride for what God has done in this place.

Here is a link to an article from the ACU Homepage about the Covenant Service.

It is good to be living the dream my friends. Go out today and make the world a different place because of God's great faithfulness.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I was so sad to have missed Candlelight Devo. I still have the candles from the past three devos because I'm such a sentimental nut. But I am looking forward to the Covenant Service. This year's going to be great.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

justin, i didn't have your email address, but i have to let you know that austin henley has a blog now. his first post was entitled "Mustached Men of the NFL," and its a definite must-read. www.andallthatimplies.blogspot.com
is the address. i'll be in abilene ya'lls 2nd week of school, so hope to see ya then. be blessed

c blair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home