Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy


For the ACU readers out there, how great was Opening Chapel yesterday?

I don't think I will ever forget walking into Moody beside Dr. Bob Hunter, and I will also never forget that I walked to the wrong side of the stage to find my chair. I've told a few people that my simple act of foolishness helped to calm my nerves by reminding me that God uses humans in all of our incredible frailty and waywardness to do his amazing work.

Dr. Money's speech was incredibly timely as well. His words encouraging unity across national and political lines really struck a chord with those in Moody. His reminder that we serve a God whose love transcends all of the strife and discord in our world brought hope to all of those assembled.

It seems that every few days, I receive a great neighbor in the Blogging Neighborhood. Today I would like to point everyone to Cody Blair's blog. Cody has been a good friend ever since the day that I met him. His ability to connect with all of those around him on a very basic level is endearing and honorable. His sincerity and integrity are a light to all of those who know him. Take some time to read Cody's thoughts. You will be blessed.

In today's update from The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, Morris talks about the European vacation that the Roosevelt family took in Teddy's formative years. This was not just any run of the mill vacation though. The Roosevelts toured "The Continent" for 377 days! I am a big fan of vacations, but after about a week I am ready to find a more permanent place to lay my head.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you been listening to the steve miller band. I'm just glad your'e not the gangster of love. dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home