Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Remembering Once Out on the Beaches We Wore Pineapple Grass Bracelets


For all of those who wondering why in the world Matt Leinart would go back to USC after winning a second consecutive national championship and Heisman Trophy, you might have a better idea after reading this article.

Current Listening: "Crash"---Dave Matthews Band

I don't know if you can feel the excitement in the air, but if you are around me sometime in the next few weeks, you will not be able to escape it. Yes, that's right, it is the rushing/pledging season again here at ACU. Undoubtedly, my passion for Gamma Sigma Phi rises out of the deep bonds and friendships that I have found in club.

This time of year always excites me because it gives me an opportunity to remember the days when I was rushing/pledging. As I turn to those who will come after me, I want their experience to be as vibrant as mine has been. I know that I have learned lessons that will last a lifetime in club and I have been forever shaped by the men who call themselves Gamma Sigs.

I do realize that my support of club may be obnoxious to some, but I live by the belief that one should proudly, and loudly, support the people and events that have shaped your character and life experience. Therefore, you will be able to find me at the famed Gamma Sigma Phi "Turkey Leg" Rush tonight at Camelot beginning at 7:30. Drop on by, we would love to have you.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

I sure did not think that it was obnoxious when your influence led me down a path that has formed who I am today. Thank you for sitting in the Bean that day, and helping me chose the obvious answer- that I needed to be in GSP. Here is to another year, my good friend.
Huzzah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home