Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Need This Old Train to Breakdown


I know that all of you enjoy the links I usually provide here to NY Times Columnists such as David Brooks and Nicolas Kristof, but I have sad news my friends. The Times, in an act as heinous as the Battle of the Network Reality Stars, has decided to introduce a feature called "Times Select" on their website.

Oh sure, it sounds innocent enough, but do a little digging with me. You must be a Times Select subscriber to read columns online or to see exclusive interviews with columnists online. It may not seem like a big deal, but I was pretty frustrated when I heard the news. I'm pretty sure this is part of George Steinbrenner's ongoing plot to control the entire city of New York, but I could be wrong.

I was incredibly pleased with Bid Night 2005. Everyone stayed safe, no one de-pledged, and the bedrock principles of GSP were still communicated powerfully. As I am finishing up, The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, I cannot help but think that Teddy would have loved pledging. The focus on unity, devotion, sacrifice, and the "strenuous life" would have been right up his alley.

In closing, I just thought I would give this story a little more press. When OU is losing, all seems right in the world again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home