Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It All Comes Down to Living Fast or Dying Slow



If my calculations are correct, this is the 1-year anniversary of my first foray into the world of Blogging. In an interesting coincidence, the Tom Petty song "Running Down a Dream" was playing at the Sonic my Dad and I had lunch at this past Friday as we were driving home from the deer lease. Things have a funny way of coming full circle.

By the numbers this is my 249th post in the past year, but this blog has meant so much more to me than simple numbers. It has been an avenue to so many other things. My parents have another means of knowing what is going on in my life and one that is often a better mode of communication than the telephone. Those of you who have talked to me on the phone can probably vouch for that one.

I have been able to stay in touch with friends from ACU who have graduated and gone from this place out into the wide world. People like Dan Carlson, Cody Blair, and Austin Henley may be far away but we have still been able to stay in touch through something as contrived as blogs.




Another interesting part of this experience has been its effect on my academic performance. It may seem odd, but I believe that I am a better writer because of the time that I have spent here during the past year. In order to post almost 250 times, I have forced myself to sit down, sort out my thoughts, organize them into logical groups and hope that those of you who read my musings on a daily basis will be engaged and changed on some level by what I have composed.

Looking back at the posts from the past year in the Archive, I have been struck by how much has changed in my life, but I have also recognized some of the constant threads such as God's faithfulness that will always run through my life. It has been a great ride and I cannot wait to see what happens next.


In other news, I have not seen many films so far this year that have really captured my imagination, but I am looking forward to Jarhead. Directed by Sam Mendes and starring Jake Gyllenhall, Jamie Foxx, and Chris Cooper, it is an adaptation of Anthony Swofford's book detailing his experiences in the USMC during the First Gulf War. I am looking forward to the film, but I must confess that what really grabbed me was Kanye West's "Jesus Walks" playing during the trailer. A great song for what appears to be an interesting film.

3 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Heidi Le'Ann said...

Did you watch the game tonight???

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is one of the highlights of my day! You have even influenced my choice of books to read! red

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

it's been a great year. your words are a blessing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home