Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray

Everyone, I need your attention for a very important announcement. I have just been handed a sheet that declares Mr. Patrick Vincent as the winner of yesterday's song title contest by correctly naming "Waste" by Phish. Congrats Patty. For your hard work, you get a shot of your face that only a mother could love on this blog for a day.
Guess what Mom and Dad? I didn't get into Harvard, but I did get into Harvard-Lite. Don't understand? Read more here.

I have come to recognize the large influence that my father has had on me in terms of musical taste. Even though, he might not enjoy the sounds of Phish and Wilco as much as I do, I know that a large reason that I enjoy music so much is because I know how much my Dad loves it. I remember watching him drum on the car dashboard as we would drive listening to the Steve Miller Band or the Eagles. In fact, I think he still does that.
With that said, as I read this column in the NY Times on the re-release of Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run", I thought of my Dad. Not because he is a fan of "The Boss," which he is not, but because he reminded me that music can make any moment special.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"we didnt start the fire" mr. billy joel

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think 'foreigner's are allowed to answer. I'm as 'cold as ice' on this decision. You are having 'double vision'if you think you can beat this 'dirty white boy' in my game of song names. I know 'it feels like the first time', but I'm just playing 'head games' with you. It really just boils down to that 'I'm waiting for a girl like you' because 'I wanna know what love is'. This is the most ridiculous post ever. 'The damage is done' I'm afraid.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Tim Henderson said...

Justin, We were all born to run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home