Thursday, November 17, 2005

So If I'm Inside Your Head, Don't Believe What You Might Have Read

Since no one was able to correctly identify the song lyrics for yesterday's title correctly, I have used the same song for today's title. I believe in the faithful readers of this blog to discover the secret. Please don't let me down.

It is very interesting that I am reading Bob Woodward's Plan of Attack right now in the light of his revelation yesterday that about his conversation with a senior official in the Bush Administration concerning Valerie Plame.
I guess that being involved in such a landmark event like Watergate ensured that Woodward would become a member of the media with unique access to the close circles of Washington power, but at times I wonder how he is able to get so close to his sources. He is probably the most-revered print journalist in the United States, but it is often hard to believe that he is able to gather the information that he can.

I hope everyone enjoys this old-school picture that I have included of Woodward and Carl Bernstein back in their days of fighting the man and everything else that journalists fight. In five years I would not be shocked to see Jonathan Smith in such a picture, especially because I remember the beauty of Jon's once-flowing locks. Come on Jon, give the people what they need.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Waste- Phish. Huzzah

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This summer, I and the other interns had to go into DC and pick up the mail at IJM's PO Box, located in the Post Office on the bottom floor of the Watergate Hotel. I loved it. I also love Bob Woodward and loved every minute of the Deep Throat revelation this summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home