Wednesday, December 7, 2005

'Til They See Themselves in Telescopes

For those of you who were disappointed with the lack of photographic description regarding episcleral hemorrhages yesterday, I have provided the following picture to illustrate the current state of my left eye. If you lose your lunch, I am not responsible. You have been warned. Again this is an actual self-portrait of my left eye.


Don't worry,I have been checked by an optometrist, and he said that it would go away in about a week. The hard part is trying to come out with a cooler story than "My eye starting bothering me on Friday night during 25 Hours of Robin Williams." I need something like: "Somebody shot me in the eye with one of those laser pointers and it really did blow up my eye just like our parents said it would" or "knife fight in the slums of Manila." Either way, it is a good conversation piece.

In other news, I am officially sick of all the talk surrounding the Happy Holiday vs. Merry Christmas debate. Please try to not go out and choke the first member of the Religious Right that you find after you read this story. In case some people do not know, there are other people in America besides those that celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. Amazingly enough, there are millions who celebrate Hannukkah, Kwanzaa (well, maybe not millions), and other holidays around this time of year.

I don't have a problem with a store or card from a governmental source wishing me "Happy Holidays" due to the fact that there are multiple holidays being celebrated in our pluralistic nation. Would I have a problem with a store that refused to wish me a "Merry Christmas" if they also wished me a "Happy Hanukkah", "Merry Kwanzaa", and "Swell Boxing Day"? Yes. I do not agree with the purposeful neglect of some holidays, simply because some people who enter the store may not agree with them. Can all we not simply convert to the mega-Holiday that I have recently observed on commercials for Virgin Mobile Phones: Chrismahannukwanzaakah!!!!!
What about it folks? Just start using it in every interaction that you have this holiday season and it will spread like wildfire.

7 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone knows that Chrismakkah us the mega holiday of choice...

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the Seth Cohen inspired Chrismakkah as the mega holiday of choice. Andrew

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Justin said...

People, people, people, what about Kwanzaa?

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmahannakwanzika?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Why is that only the igrnorant outspoken people get any air time. But on a lighter note, the eye does look good.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of the k's represents kwanzaa you have even have an a too.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rangers traded Soriano for not starting pitcher, but rather two outfielders and a prospect. Are they stupid? Please comment. Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home