Thursday, March 31, 2005

A House Doesn't Make a Home, Don't Leave Me Here Alone

To begin with, I will answer some of the questions that Joey posed to me in his comment on yesterday's blog. First, Joey asked if I think the new guys do not know what it means to win with class as a part of Gamma Sigs, and to that I would say there are some of them who get it, and some who don't. I think our pledge class is the same. We have had a little more time in club to realize that the reason that we win things is not because of sheer ability, but it is a product of hard work and commitment to the whole. When you realize that in order to achieve great things, you have to put in tremendous work, you learn to not play up your highs too much and to not sulk too much in your lows because the joy is not in the end but the process.

Second: Is SA buying a bunch of Blackberry PDAs? And if they are, why? Toward the end of this year the current XOs have been talking about buying Treos, which looks like Oreos, but are miles apart. They are much the same thing as Blackberries. They want to buy them to allow text messaging to XOs while they are in class, and they also have a stronger feature for cell phone calls because of the large amount of time that XOs spend in the SA Office (located in the basement). Personally, I am not a huge fan of PDAs because they make me feel old. I feel like if I start carrying a PDA, I need to start wearing my cell phone on the outside of my pants and at 21, I refuse to do that. I might as well start playing golf and doing other middle-aged things.

Before I move on, I must be noted that Joey also won by guessing "Not for All the Love in the World" by The Thrills in the Song Title Lyric Contest. Joey wins good health after all the junk he has gone through this week.

Today has been a pretty big news day with Terri Schiavo's death, the report on U.S. Intelligence (or lack thereof) on WMDs in Iraq, and updates on the Pope's Health. With all of that, a news story that is pretty significant might have slipped through the cracks, but here I will put a special spotlight on the current events in Rwanda. Here is an article detailing the ceasefire decision of rebels from Congo concerning raids into Rwanda.

Current Listening: "Use Your Voice" by Mason Jennings.

It is late, for me, and I need to work on a project. Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home