Wednesday, March 16, 2005

We Go Out in Stormy Weather, We Rarely Practice Discern

You think about going to college all of your life, and then one day when you actually are in college, you wake up and realize that you know all of the classes that you need to complete your degree, and the number of hours you have to take is lower than your age.

I'm sure that when I actually register for the classes for my last semester here at ACU, I will become a bit nostalgic, but I was taken back today at how close I am to the end of my time here. Part of me will be glad to move on to whatever is next in my life, but a big part of me will definitely miss this place when the time comes to leave. I've always heard people say that college was the best time of their life, and when you hear someone talk like that, you don't really want to leave that behind.

Current Listening: "Kill the Moonlight" by Spoon.

I am not sure who everyone has picked in their NCAA Bracket, but I am going to use some crazy logic to pick my champion. The first ever Final Four that I watched was 1993. The championship game that year pitted Michigan vs. North Carolina. The 'Heels, led by Eric Montross and Donald Williams, defeated the Wolverines after Chris Webber's ill-advised timeout call at the end of the game. New Orleans is located on the Mississippi River.

This year North Carolina probably has their best all-around team since the '93 squad. Led by Sean May, Rashad McCants and Raymond Felton, the 'Heels have been highly ranked all-season. All of that is well noted, but the main reason I am going with UNC is the site of this year's Final Four, St. Louis, which we all know is located on........the Mississippi River. That's right folks, geography not defense wins championships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home