Friday, February 25, 2005

You and I Will Never Die

Most of you know that I love the television show "The OC." For those of you who choose to mock me openly, I am ok with that, just as long as when you mock me, you also reveal your "guilty pleasure" TV show as well. We're all hiding something that we are afraid to share, and you know you just want to let it out. With all of that said, last night's episode was hands-down the best one of the season. Any episode that opens with Blind Melon's "No Rain" and closes with a fantastic cover of "Champagne Supernova" is destined for greatness.

It seems as though almost everyone I know has been sick at some time in the past 3 weeks or they are sick right now. Some people have just had simple head colds, but others have had some pretty nasty flu symptoms i.e. my Dad, ColeGriff, and the Roo. I know that as soon as I write this I will be stricken with some bizarre sickness that causes my skin to break out into a rash that looks like the Virgin Mary, or maybe that could just be a grilled cheese sandwich. I digress.

I really appreciate everyone's comments on the Top 10 Movie list except for Jim Kizer's. "Heavyweights", Jim? Really? I thought Ben Stiller did the crazy, over the top fitness guru better the second time in "Dodgeball."

The list for today is Top 5 Actors:

  • Tom Hanks
  • Brad Pitt
  • Harrison Ford
  • Edward Norton
  • Kevin Spacey
Run with it folks.

5 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger TKP said...

Noooooo. Where is Bill Murray and Sean Penn! Where? Don't you remember listing Groundhog Day? Not to mention What About Bob?, Lost in Translation, Life Aquatic, The Royal Tennenbaums, and The Man Who Knew Too Little. As for Penn, let me jog your memory with Dead Man Walking, I Am Sam and Mystic River, to name a few.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Great choices for the actors, man. Those guys are all fantastic.

I was in Abilene for 4 days and I've got a cough. Curse you all.

I Am Sam blows like an old whore. Man, that's a bad movie.

And, although I don't watch The O.C., I fully understand your argument about guilty pleasures. I can't mock you because I am unwilling to reveal my own (oh man, emphasis on the guilty, but double emphasis on the pleasure).

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hosaaaa, hosaaaa, hosaaa...three cheers for Justin Scott...oh, wait, I'm commenting about another one of his lists.
In regard to the list of actors, how about Mel Gibson? Since tkp named a few, let me: Maverick, Patriot, Braveheart, Conspiracy Theory, Bird on a Wire, Signs, Forever Young, all of the Lethal Weapons, and What Women Want. Mel has successfully crossed over into all genres. Honestly, I could watch 25 hours of Mel non-stop without leaving the room. Let's not forget that he directed and produced one of the most best movies of all time, even if you don't want to admit it, "The Passion".

Lebron James is my hero,

Cole Griff

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't fault your list. It's pretty solid. One of my own favorite actors would be Johnny Depp, who at this point, is beyond everything that is cool and amazing. He just "is." Tom Hanks is also amazing because let's face it, who can name a movie that he was in that they didn't like? Or mainly just name a performance of his that wasn't good? Just can't do it.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now i get to peep into the mind of dan and justin scott each day...does life get any better.

i appreciate your words justin, and look forward to being one of your blog followers (clay chesser pointed me your direction)

take hope, share it, and be blessed...

cody blair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home