Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Everything is Burning Up Inside Me

The apocalypse is nigh my friends. Lectureship was taking place at ACU and it was sunny with highs in the upper 70s. I am waiting for the biblical floods, freezing rain, and blizzard conditions to descend any time now upon our unsuspecting heads, but then again we are living in a time where the Red Sox are the World Champions in baseball, so I guess everything that we have always taken for granted has been turned upside down.

Speaking of the Red Sox, I think we are going to try to see them play the Rangers on the weekend of April 29-30. That Friday is the last day of classes at ACU for the Spring Semester, and I think seeing Curt, Manny, and Johnny again will be a great way to finish Junior year up.

I have really started thinking about trying to go to UT for law school. As I have looked at things, and weighed the factors of quality of education, location, tuition, and future opportunities it seems that UT has all of the things that I am looking for. Plus, living in Austin would not be too rough. The one thing that I will have to deal with is something that has been creeping up on me for the last few years. I have never admitted this to anyone besides my sister, but I think that I am a closet Longhorn football fan.

When I was in middle school, and I was friends with Brad, a diehard Aggie fan and current A&M student, I loved the Aggies. I went to numerous games in high school, but since I did not go to A&M, I do not feel a tremendous loyalty to them. My mom's side of the family has strong ties to UT-Austin, and despite my dislike for Mack Brown, I loved players like Major Applewhite, Roy Williams, and Cedric Benson. I could never tell people this because everyone thought I was an Aggie fan, but I think this might be my way of declaring to the world that I enjoy seeing the Horns on a beautiful autumn day in Texas, and if I go to school there I will be a diehard supporter.

For those of you who are shocked to read this, feel free to excoriate me, feel free to call me a sports polygamist, but I just thought that the desires and feelings in my heart should no longer be kept secret.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Do not be ashamed or hesitant to distance yourself from those who yell "Gig 'Em," "Farmer's Fight" and have a severe inferiority complex toward UT. Come to the light, Justin. Step away from the darkness known as A&M...

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin, you know it makes me extremely proud to have you come be a UT fan with me. I've prayed and cried for this day many years now, and I can only say that God is finally doing something right in your life. Keep up the good work, and remember... "The eyes of Texas are upon you..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home