Monday, February 28, 2005

We're Only Several Miles from the Sun

I am beginning to enjoy the time that I have to sit here and write each day more and more. When I look on here and see comments from people like Daniel Carlson, Cody Blair, Melanie Knox, and others that have moved on, I am reminded that sometimes all of our technology can work in powerful ways to keep people connected. There are so many ways that we have allowed technology to erect barriers between us, but if we remember that the benefit does not lie in the technology itself, but in the ability it gives to connect with people, we will be much better off.

I feel as though I am behind on the movie times this year, because I did not have the opportunity to see any of the Best Picture Nominees this year. For those of you who consider yourselves to be movie scholars, please tell me which ones I should make an effort to watch so I am not completely in the dark next time I talk to Eastwood or Scorcese.

Current Listening: Both Days of the 2003 IT Festival courtesy of my good friends Phish.

I was looking at a Rolling Stone the other day during one of my visits to the prestigious "Eagle's Nest" and I was pleased to see that it was the issue with their poll of the Top 500 Songs of all time. The list was as follows:

#5 Respect-Aretha Franklin
#4 What's Going On?- Marvin Gaye
#3 Imagine- John Lennon
#2 (Can't Get No) Satisfaction- The Rolling Stones
#1 Like a Rolling Stone- Bob Dylan

That looks like a great list, but I would have to make some room for "California Love" by Dr. Dre and Tupac. I mean what good is a list like that without the City of Compton?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home