Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Every Man and Woman Get Alive

Well, the first game for GSP-Team Moreland must wait until after Spring Break. That will give us time to hone our skills into the greatest softball playing machine that Abilene Christian University has ever seen. I am just loving the fact that I get to continue playing baseball/softball in some form. It was always the game that I loved growing up, and it is the sport that I follow most fervently now, baseball I mean. I love Lisa Fernandez and all those folks, but fast-pitch softball is not my cup of tea.

I am so glad that there are voices in the world that will not be silenced. Some of you might be sick of me linking Nicholas Kristof's Op-Ed pieces on this page, but I am going to do everything I can to join with him in not allowing the people that I come into contact with to forget the voices of the oppressed in the world. Kristof wrote another column today on the world's response to the genocide that is occurring in Sudan. You can read it here. Perhaps if someone like Kristof is the voice calling in the wilderness, others will pick up the call until it becomes a deafening caucophony that those with the ability to make a difference to make a difference in Darfur cannot ignore.

This Spring Break is probably going to be one of the most relaxing that I have ever spent. I found out the other day to my great joy and surprise that Cole Griffith and Jon "Kidman" Bruner are going to be staying in Abilene over Spring Break, so that might alter my plans just a bit. I am not sure what we will be doing, but a trip to visit Heather Norman and Erin McCall in the Metroplex is not out of the question.

The list for today: Top 10 Baseball Players of All Time

  • Hank Aaron
  • Babe Ruth
  • Barry Bonds (As much as I don't like it)
  • Ted Williams
  • Cy Young
  • Joe Dimaggio
  • Ty Cobb
  • Lou Gehrig
  • Willie Mays
  • Walter Johnson

The debate on this one could probably rage for hours, and I would be completely fine with that. Let's hear your picks everybody.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Coincidentally, my list of Top 10 baseball players matches yours exactly.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

though a liar...what about pete rose...you have to admit, charlie hustle could play...

i appreciate your dedication to making people aware of the Sudan situation. i saw Hotel Ruwanda last week and was blown away...what are we doing, and where are our priorities?

good post today...

c blair

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger TKP said...

Hey Justin,
Kristof's article today about Sudan was really good and I've contacted my senators and congressman from Iowa to urge them to vote for the Darfur Accountability Act up today. I think it's great several people our age are blogging about it-the word needs to get out among young people.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

If you're calling me a liar, Cody, then I'll have to admit that yes, I am a liar. I have never and most likely will never compile a Top 10 list of athletes in any sport. I can't even name positions.

Seriously, Though, I'm Not Gay, I Just Have Different Interests Than Most Guys,

Dan

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dan i love you, but i was refering to pete rose as a liar...he for sure bet on baseball...

you're a good friend dan, and i have nothing but respect for you...

cb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home