Friday, March 18, 2005

I've Had You So Many Times, but Somehow I Want More

I've only watched a tiny bit of the tournament so far, andI think I will keep it that way until my "Geography Theory" has a chance to really be shown for the work of pure genius that it is. I guess in actuality the "Geography Theory" is pretty narrow since it only applies the University of North Carolina winning the NCAA Tournament, but trust me, this is only the first case and I will continue to expand and refine my criteria so that the "Geography Theory" is comparable to the Sport's Guy "Ewing Theory."

This weekend should be a lot of fun down at the Kojie Formal in Austin. I am really glad that I will be able to spend time with old friends like Clint Askins and Lance Agan and to continue to get to know people that I have just met this semester like Heather Norman and Shelbi Watten. The South by Southwest Music and Film Festival is going on in Austin this weekend so we might have to check that out.

As we have been talking at Devo about the idea of costly grace, I have begun to think that the reason Christianity means something is because it requires so much of us. The things in my life that I value are the things that call me to sacrifice, grow, stretch, and sometimes feel pain. If being conformed to the way of Jesus did not cause me to do these things or present significant questions in my mind, it would be of no value at all. If my idea of grace does not call me to become someone else because of it, I think I have the concept all wrong. The grace that God gives is costly because we cannot come into contact with it and not leave that encounter changed significantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home