Thursday, November 4, 2004

Each One is a Burning Sun

One of the things I have really been thinking about lately is the idea that you could sit by a person in a class for a semester, be in a club with them, or be their friend, and still not know them. I am not talking about knowing externals. Those things are obvious. I am talking about KNOWING each other. The phrase I have been using to describe this is "we cannot mistake being together for knowing each other." One of the things that we admire about people like Dr. Trevathan is the way they connect with people, yet for some reason it is hard for us to make those some connections. They are risks that put us in a place of uncertainty and vulnerability, but I am increasingly convinced that they are worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home