Friday, October 29, 2004

When You're Back in Your Old Neighborhood

It is good to be back in the 903. Driving east on I-20, it always seems that the trees have grown 10 feet since I have seen them last. As Katie and I were driving through Tyler today to go eat lunch with Dad, it was funny how we were constantly comparing Tyler and Abilene. It seemed that on all fronts, Abilene lost to Tyler except for traffic. As Katie noted, the only traffic jams in Abilene occur on Sunday mornings.

I will be going to the Whitehouse Pep Rally this afternoon. Pep Rallies were always fun even though we knew we were probably going to lose that night. Seeing guys like John Calaway and Wes Hart play on the drum line was always a lot of fun. I guess everyone in the band enjoyed it because we felt like people appreciated the work that we put into what we did. The current Seniors were Freshmen when I graduated. I am sure that a few of them will see me, and make comments just as we did about "old people" that would come back to the Pep Rallies. I guess I am just a glutton for punishment. Everyone have a great Friday and GO CATS!!!

Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home