Monday, November 1, 2004

I Don't Mind Spending Everyday

The long weekend at home was a definite blessing. It is always good to sleep in and to take the occasional nap. The Wildcats even won on Friday night over Nacogdoches 30-28. A nap and a Whitehouse win in the same weekend is a rare occurrence indeed. It seems that everyone I have met so far this morning is in a really good mood. It is always helps to wake up when it is light outside rather than dark. It is a bit disconcerting though. You wake up, notice it is light outside, and your mind races to figure out why you are late. In a short while you realize it is that phenomenon no one can explain, Daylight Savings Time.

I guess the Aggies were guilty of the same sin I was, looking past Baylor. With a matchup with the Mighty Sooners looming next week at Kyle Field it seems that the Ags forgot about their opponent in Waco. Who knew that the Bears could keep College Gameday from visiting Aggieland?

Whenever someone asks me where I live, I always tell them, "In UP, with three guys I have known since elementary school." It has been fun living with Adam, Jon, and Seth this year, but I cannot help but think that sometimes that is who I still think of them as, the guys in Shiloh Youth Group. We talked for a long time about living in "The Apartment", but now that the time is here, we are never even there at the same time. All of the talk about the guys' place has been interuppted by girlfriends, the Optimist, and other things. We all know each other very well, and appreciate each other's faults and strengths, but we are beginning to understand that we are four very different people on four different paths. Our personalities are beginning to solidify and each one is unique. What makes this time memorable is the value of shared experience. I know where these guys have come from, and what we have seen together. We have countless memories of van rides, chorus practices, working in Mexico, climbing mountains, and busting each other's chops. That is why I am thankful for this time. Maybe I am just holding on to a memory that has passed by, or perhaps I am wishing that things might be that way once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home