Sunday, August 9, 2009

Be Sure to Leave All the Lights On

Congratulations to Obi Wan Richtobi for correctly naming "Crosseyed and Painless" by the Talking Heads as the Saturday Song of the Day. Of course, I'm partial to Phish's cover of the song, so that's what I'm giving to you, the dear reader.

Last night I gave you my favorite shirt that I saw in Mexico, but tonight I'm giving you my favorite road sign. As we were driving through the Metroplex, I noticed the following sign along one of the interstates:


REPORT HOV VIOLATIONS
817-312-HERO

Really, TXDOT?

I hate to besmirch the good name of my father's former employer, but you're going to use the same word to classify those who report HOV violations that people through the years have used for people like, oh say, Sully Sullenberger, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther King, Susan B. Anthony, and Gandhi?

"What's that, vigilant citizen? You saw a single guy driving in the HOV lane? And he was trying to trick the good people of Texas by using a blow-up doll in the front passenger seat? You, vigilant citizen, are only one thing: A HERO."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home