Monday, July 6, 2009

Gimme Five, I'm Still Alive, Ain't No Luck, I Learned to Duck

The lady friend and I ventured down to Eleanor Tinsley Park in downtown Houston on Saturday night for some spectacular fireworks at the conclusion of the Freedom over Texas festival.

The fireworks were indeed spectacular, but I may have an actionable claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress against those who organized the soundtrack which accompanied the fireworks.

For the non-lawyer readers of the blog, the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress has four basic elements in most jurisdictions:
  1. Defendant acted intentionally or recklessly;
  2. Defendant’s conduct was extreme and outrageous;
  3. Defendant’s act is the cause of the distress; and
  4. Plaintiff suffers severe emotional distress as a result of defendant’s conduct.
Keep those elements in mind as I tell you that at one of the high points of the fireworks display the following song was re-introduced to my consciousness after I thought it had been banished all the way back in 2002.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What? No mention of the cactus cuties and how their maturity creeped you out? I thought surely they'd get yet another 15 seconds of fame via the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home