Monday, July 6, 2009

Wave That Flag, Wave it Wide and High


Despite the fact that the above scene graciously gave me enough putdowns and comebacks to last my entire childhood, I reference Hook for another reason this evening, my friends.

I always loved those montage scenes in the middle of movies where one of the characters is training for some great task, whether it be the Lost Boys re-training Peter for the greatwar with Captain Hook, Rocky running up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art before his fight with Apollo Creed, or the punch-dancing scene in Hot Rod (which really didn't have a discernible purpose but was enjoyable nonetheless), and I fully intend to re-enact one of those montages in the next three weeks as the countdown to the July 2009 Texas Bar Exam has now begun in earnest.

Whose music is that I hear in the distance?

Ah yes.

It's you, Europe.

Take it away, my friends because this is the final countdown. This one's for you, G.O.B.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home