Friday, June 19, 2009

What is the Central Theme to This Everlasting Spoof?

As I've been notified by notable luminaries of the blogosphere-verse such as this guy and this gentleman (please don't read anything into who received the "gentleman" moniker and who was relegated to the distinction of "this guy". I'm just trying to avoid redundancy), I'm apparently the subject of a Twitter fatwa issued by noted (at least among ACU alums between 2004-2006) Auburn Tiger football supporter Austin Henley.

I am truly flattered by the groundswell of popular support that has arisen in the aftermath of Mr. Henley's decree, but as the lady friend notified me earlier this evening, I have a tendency to be "a bit long winded" (which I'm pretty sure was a euphemistic way of saying that I go on about things a BIT longer than I should sometimes/all the time), and I don't know if I could resign myself to a prison of 140 characters.

Also, and more importantly, if I own a phone that can only receive, but not send, text messages, how in the world am I supposed to tweet? Twit? Twizzle?

I give up.

Current Reading

God Save the Fan by Will Leitch

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

From twitter.com. You don't NEED a phone. Maybe, like Simmons says, being reduced to 140 will help you form more concise thoughts. Maybe, even, that will help you pass the bar.

That's right, if you get on Twitter, you'll pass the bar.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow... you just made me seem rude by telling the world i call you long-winded.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Justin said...

...or I could have been agreeing with your statement.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Also, I was talking about my other lady friend, so need to worry. In the future, to avoid confusion, I'll refer to her as "Lady Friend #2".

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger lance said...

Just say no, Scott. Just say no.

Also, since I just finished 'The Looming Tower' per your recommendation, I know what a fatwa is.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Fatwas: Fun for the whole family!!!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Speaking the truth in love is okay. Lola

 

Post a Comment

<< Home