Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All the Poets They Studied Rules of Verse

Given that this decade (whatever you want to call it) is churning towards its conclusion, and the high probability that this decade will be prospectively defined by what took place on Sept. 11th, I've tried to read whatever I could get my hands on regarding the events leading up to Sept.11th as well as the events that have spiraled out of its aftermath.

Based on that reading, here's some recommendations for anyone who wants to do the same...
  • The Looming Tower: Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 by Lawrence Wright
  • Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone by Rajiv Chandrasekaran
  • Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror by Richard Clarke
  • The Forever War by Dexter Filkins
  • Chain of Command: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib by Seymour Hersh
  • Rise of the Vulcans: The History of Bush's War Cabinet by James Mann
  • The Assassins' Gate: America in Iraq by George Packer
  • Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq by Thomas E. Ricks
  • The One Percent Doctrine: Deep Inside America's Pursuit of Its Enemies Since 9/11 by Ron Suskind
  • At the Center of the Storm: My Years at the C.I.A. by George Tenet
  • Plan of Attack by Bob Woodward
  • Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America, and the New Face of American War by Evan Wright
  • I'm currently making my way through Steve Coll's Ghost Wars right now, and it probably makes the Top 4 on this list along with The Looming Tower, The Assassins' Gate, and The Forever War.
So now I ask you, dear readers, what is my list missing?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 9?11 Comission Report that I gave to you.

Vince McMahon

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Vince, ahem, Mr. McMahon,

I apologize for the oversight.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Peace Kills, PJ O'Rourke
America Alone, Steyn
Cheney, Stephen F. Hayes

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Thank you, Mason Orr. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home