Friday, July 10, 2009

Sharp as a Knife, Facts Cut a Hole in Us

As I mentioned on Monday, my own personal putdown abilities have never really progressed past the level of competency demonstrated by Rufio and the Lost Boys, but last Saturday, July 4th, I was on the receiving end of one of the more interesting putdowns that I've heard in my time.

The lady friend and I were walking back into the apartment complex from the fireworks display downtown when I heard two male voices coming from a balcony on the second floor of the complex. I looked up, and one of the wise-guys, with adult beverage in hand, noticed the yellow polo shirt that I was wearing and admonished me that "yellow is a SPRING color, dude."

I turned to the lady friend and said,"I had no idea Tim Gunn lived in my apartment complex."
Um, not that I know anything about "Project Runway" or anything like that.

Let's just end this story right now.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think Tim and Heidi would both agree that yellow is also equated with summer as well. I thought you were completely dressed seasonally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home