Monday, December 15, 2008

They Won't Make It Home, but They Really Don't Care

I realize that at various points in this history of this blog, I've been chastised by my dear readers for going on ad nauseam about Liverpool, European football, soccer, so on and so forth, Bob Loblaw, ahem, blah, blah, blah.
All of that will change this Sunday, though, my friends. I'll be doing my own small part in fighting the Global War on Terror* as I support Liverpool F.C. in their battle against Arsenal F.C. and I encourage you to join me.

Justin, what in the world do you mean?

Is Arsenal F.C. a hot-bed for jihadists intent on taking down the very foundations of Western Civilization?

Sadly enough, not even I can sustain that level of hyperbole, but I can tell you this: A vote for Liverpool is vote against Arsenal, and a vote against Arsenal is a vote against Public Enemy Number One, Osama bin Laden.

VERSUS

Premiership giants Arsenal have barred Bin Laden from the ground after discovering that the terrorist leader is a big fan of the club.

"We've seen the reports in the papers. Clearly he wouldn't be welcome at Highbury in the future," said a club spokesman.

According to revelations in a new biography of the world's most wanted man, Bin Laden became fanatical about the team in the 1990s when he was staying in the capital.

"Fanatical About Football" courtesy of BBC Sport. Granted, the story is over 7 years old, but it's just too much fun to pass up.

*Used with the express written permission of George W. Bush.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

"The Bob Loblaw Law Blog. You, sir, are a mouthful."

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fastball- The Way

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Lukas,

It appears that Christmas has come early this year:

http://thebobloblawlawblog.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home