Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coming In a Mess, Going Out In Style

Congratulations to Ms. Stacy Villescas for correctly naming "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles as the Tuesday Song of the Day. Since I've never indulged in recreational drug-use, I don't think I've been able to fully enjoy "I Am the Walrus", but if you have, the following video is my treat to you.


My favorite story of the day?

This one, courtesy of Politico.com:

Ros-Lehtinen Hangs Up on Obama. Twice.

Is Ileana Ros-Lehtinen a little paranoid?

Maybe.

On Wednesday, the Republican congresswoman got a call from President-elect Barack Obama, didn't believe it was him, and hung up on him. Twice.

According to Ros-Lehtinen's flack Alex Cruz, the congresswoman received the call on her cell phone from a Chicago-based number and an aide informed her that Obama wanted to speak to her. When Obama introduced himself, Ros-Lehtinen cut him off and said, "I'm sorry but I think this is a joke from one of the South Florida radio stations known for these pranks." Then she hung up.

Moments later, Obama tried again, this time through his soon-to-be chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel.

"Ileana, I cannot believe you hung up on the President-Elect," Emanuel said. And then--yes, you know what's coming--she hung up on Emanuel saying she "didn't believe the call was legitimate."

What was not noted in the story is the striking resemblance Ros-Lehtinen bears to a certain Springfield bartender.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Broheim, this was a superb choice. The song is D'You Know What I Mean by Oasis? Have you seen the video? It's pretty awesome. Hooligans, youth, and a helicopter.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

In a 1997 interview promoting Be Here Now, Noel Gallagher had the following to say about the first single:

"I was going to make up some profound statement in the chorus but I couldn't come up with anything that fitted. Then I just thought "All my people right here, right now. D'You Know What I Mean? Yeah, Yeah"

Very vague, very ambiguous, that'll do. Look in the mirror and wink while you're singing it and it's quite saucy.

And I f***ing love that line, 'Coming in a mess, going out in style'. We were a bunch of scruffs from Manchester and we're going out in a Rolls Royce."

Despite the fact that they are Manchester City fans, I am completely fascinated by the Gallagher brothers.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Justin said...

How dare you intrude on the solemnity of this blog, MoneyBonanza?

How would the proud members of the Cartwright family feel knowing that you're using the name of their esteemed show in your shameless grab for cash?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home