Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm Gonna Tell It Like a Comeback Story

Seeing as I'm passing the quarter-century mark in a few months, it seems as though it is high time to publish the initial "Life List" of 25 things that must, I repeat MUST, be done before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Without further ado...
  1. Climb Kilimanjaro.
  2. Write a book.
  3. Fly-fish in Alaska.
  4. See a baseball game at Fenway Park.
  5. See Liverpool play at Anfield.
  6. Run another marathon.
  7. Visit the Old Course at St. Andrews.
  8. Climb Guadalupe Peak.
  9. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to Napa Valley in a convertible.
  10. Hear oral argument at the U.S. Supreme Court.
  11. Take a tour of the White House.
  12. Visit Cinque Terre in Italy.
  13. Walk the battefields at Gettysburg.
  14. Hike to Machu Picchu.
  15. Raft the Grand Canyon.
  16. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.
  17. Ski at Banff.
  18. Complete a century (100-mile) bike ride.
  19. See U2 live.
  20. Drink a pint of Guinness in Ireland.
  21. Climb the Matterhorn.
  22. See the Cubs play at Wrigley.
  23. Walk the Great Wall of China.
  24. Visit the beaches of Normandy.
  25. Attend the Masters.
I realize there are few things that don't make an appearance on the list such as...getting married to a wonderful woman or having kids, but I'm taking those things as default portions of the Life List.

If I'm missing something huge here, like a visit to the World's Largest Ball of Twine or seeing New Kids on the Block in concert, by all means please let me know. Goodness knows I wouldn't want to lay there on my deathbed knowing that I never heard "Hanging Tough" live.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

charlemagne in sweatpants--- the hold steady.

great life list... i do wish you'd add another 25 with "attend the 2012 summer olympics" as your #26... but that's just me.
5 days!!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger lance said...

#26...Make an appearance at the Lake House next weekend. Too much to ask? Probably. Jerk.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Justin said...

You have cut to the core of me, sir.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

I think you left out a trip to NY to check out the Yanks and a Laker game in the Staples Center. Maybe those, like marriage and kids, are supposed to be assumed.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Justin said...

How dare you, Christopher Reeves? How dare you, sir?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger lance said...

Also, even though I hate them, and hopefully you do too, seeing a Duke/UNC game at Cameron Indoor would be near the top of any sports fan's list.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Agreed, Lancelot. Let's make it happen.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Ummm see Phish in concert???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home