Saturday, September 27, 2008

Where the Light Is

Congratulations to Mrs. Ashley Tuggle for correctly naming "Louisiana Bayou" by Dave Matthews Band as the Thursday Song of the Day.

I'm pretty sure Ashley and Kalum now qualify as the first ever married couple to win the Song of the Day contest on consecutive days. Quite an honor, folks. Quite an honor.

As everyone now knows, ol' Cool Hand Luke has passed on to the great chain-gang in the sky, but he left us with some nuggets of wisdom.

Here's my personal favorite, drawn from today's piece in the NY Times:

In an industry in which long marriages might be defined as those that last beyond the first year and the first infidelity, Mr. Newman and Ms. Woodward’s was striking for its endurance. But they admitted that it was often turbulent. She loved opera and ballet. He liked playing practical jokes and racing cars. But as Mr. Newman told Playboy magazine, in an often-repeated quotation about marital fidelity, “I have steak at home; why go out for hamburger?”

It's not often that a man is able to gain fame as an actor, race-car driver, and salad dressing magnate. Mr. Newman, on behalf of everyone here at Running Down a Dream, rest in peace. I'm pouring out a bottle of Newman's Own Honey Mustard as we speak.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

"gravity" by the artist formerly known as mr. jennifer aniston?

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or... "Where the Light Is" by John Mayer? Can the lyrics also be the title to the song? Seems a little obvious, but maybe that was your clever trick since PC gives us so little time for amusement...

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow... talk about PC sucking the brain out of a person. I just realized the Gravity is the actual name of the song and Where the Light Is is the name of the album. Plus the whole "former Mr. Jen Aniston" joke totally went over my head, lol. And doesn't it figure that as soon as I hit submit I realize how dumb I am. Kind of like class/interviews where I always want to take back the things that come pouring out of my mouth...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home