Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Was Meant to Tread the Water

I must give Andrew Tuegel credit where credit is due for bringing the following point to my attention:

Since the U.S. Treasury/Federal Reserve of New York decided to bailout AIG last week with a $85 billion dollar loan, you and I, the American taxpayers, now tangentially support the English Evil Empire, Manchester United.
I cannot speak for you on this issue, but as for myself, this sits about as well as a midnight chili-cheese dog.

Call your congressman.

Call your congresswoman.

Call your senator.

Call Hank Paulson.

Call Ben Bernanke.

Sure, they're all going to tell that this is just another piece in the ongoing effort of avoiding a global financial meltdown, but let's be honest here: Some things are bigger than global stability, my friends.

For instance, my ability to sleep at night without waking up in a cold sweat knowing that a portion of my hard-earned dollars are going towards further subsidization of Ronaldo's diving.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't they realize that by attempting to bring stability they're actually bringing us that much closer to the End of the World?

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You Give Me Something--James Morrison... great song choice Kool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home