Wednesday, December 26, 2007

When Your Wheels Stop Turning and You Feel Let Down

I do not have a lot to write tonight before I go to bed, but as I was looking back at pictures that I took today during our trip to my grandmother's farm, one stood out among the rest.

I can understand if the more photographically astute readers of this blog chastise me for the blurry nature of the shot or the problems with spacing, but to truly understand this photo, you must know my grandmother. You can see her walking here with my cousin Andrew, but if I told you that she's 82, you would probably be pretty impressed that she's keeping up with a 21-year old as we walked through the fields.

I could tell you that she lost her husband 27 years ago to lung cancer, and has lived alone almost ever since, and that might make you feel sorry for her, but this picture says everything. Instead of feeling sorry for herself and constantly wondering why life dealt her the hand that it did, she has moved forward. She loves each and everyone of her 17 grandchildren, including yours truly, in countless ways. She travels around to visit her 6 remaining children whether they be in Waco, Irving, or Whitehouse. She continues to learn, grow, and enjoy each day as it is given to her.

That's why this picture tells the story of a woman, my grandmother, who is in perpetual motion.

And yes, she still calls me "Jason", but I've forgiven her many times for that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gravity.
Coldplay.
Happy Holidays Mr. Scott.

J. McCain

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

See you in Austin, Jason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home